School Taxes

School tax bills for the 2019-20 school year will be mailed on Aug. 31, 2019 to individuals and lending institutions. 

If you are primarily responsible for your taxes, the school tax bill will be mailed to you directly. This means if your taxes are not held in an escrow account, or if you no longer have a mortgage, you are responsible for paying the taxes.

If you did not receive a tax bill, or if you have any questions concerning your tax bill, please contact our business office at 248-6398. If you original bill is lost or not received, you can access your tax bill online at It is important to act promptly to avoid penalties. Please note: under NYS Real Property law, you are responsible for your taxes whether you receive your bill or not. 

If your mortgage is held in an escrow account, your lending institution is responsible for payment of your taxes. If you receive your tax bill, be sure to forward it onto your lending institution. If there have been any changes in the status of your mortgage, such as a chance in your lending institution, transfer or sale of property, you may want to check with the tax office on the status of your account and discuss where your bill should be sent. 

If you taxes are held in escrow and paid to use through your lending institution, you will be receiving a receipt, which will give you information regarding your taxes under the Taxpayer's Bill of Rights. The taxpayer information is mandated and paid for by the New York State School Tax Relief Program (STAR).

Payment Information
  • Payments can be received in the ER Village Office during the following hours: Monday-Wednesday from 9-11 a.m. and Thursday-Friday from 2-4 p.m.
  • Cash and checks are the only forms of payment accepted for taxes in the ER Village Office
  • You may use the after-hours dropbox conveniently located in the vestibule of the ER Village Office. Your envelope must be sealed and include a check payable to Sue Gambacurta, Receiver of Taxes. Your envelope must also include your daytime phone number and a tax payment stub or copy of your bill. If you do not have the bill, but have verified the amount, please include the property address and/or tax ID number on your check.